Another academic year has drawn to a close. Well, kind of. I have five more days to go because I will support our PTA on the annual overseas trip. Last year, I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Osaka and Kyoto, so I was thrilled to get the opportunity to go on this one too… to Dubai! I can’t wait! I will blog about it when I get back.
In the meantime, I am waiting in the airport with a few hours to go before the students and their families start to flood in. The rest of my summer is jam-packed with travel and I look forward to ‘switching off’ for a few weeks. But as I wait in the airport, I want to take this time to reflect on this year and look ahead to next year.
Here are some of my personal targets for the 2016-17 academic year:
- Allocate some regular class time to Genius Hour
- Develop an understanding of how Minecraft: Education Edition can be used to enhance learning.
- Take regular opportunities to practise public speaking
- Work towards becoming a Level 2 Google Certified Educator
- Make more effective use of essential questions
- Make authentic connections between learning engagements
- Develop a student-centred learning environment
- Develop our service/action leadership initiative for Year 4 and Year 5 students
- Document student learning through a class blog
- Explore the benefits of guest blogging
As I work towards these goals, I will keep this blog updated with my progress.
What are your aims for the next twelve months? What steps will you take to achieve them? Do you have any advice regarding my aims? Please add your thoughts to the comments section below.